I know I’m late to the game, but I’ve been discovering the awesome trans*, queer, and androgynous content on Tumblr. If you’re feeling a little invisible or need some community support, I’d suggest checking out these Tumblr blogs:
- Fuck Yeah FTMs of Color
- Genderqueer: Beyond the Binaries
- TransQueersXXX (NSFW!)
- Fuck Yeah Cute Trans Chicks
- MTF Butches
- Femme FTM
The last two, MTF Butches and Femme FTM,
are particularly worth checking out because they provide much needed
visibility and validation for trans-identified folks who buck the
presentation “norms” of their gender. These blogs are a blessing
for all of us who have felt ourselves acutely aware of our gender
identity and gender presentation moving along independent axises.
So despite having been around since 2010, Pinterest is suddenly the hot new social networking site, recently becoming the fastest-growing stand-alone Web site in history. Although they’re small, there are a few boards on Pinterest posting trans* and androgynous imagery:
- The Feminism & Gender board by Lindsay
- The Gender/Queer Inspiration board by Salacious Parkerton
- The Playin’ with Gender board by Kai Kitaji
- The Beauty Knows No Gender board by Jen Fullington
- The Genderqueer/Genderfuck board by Puck
- The Genderqueer Cheer board by Vindal
- The Gender Expressions board by Avory Faucette
- The Transgender Life board by Avory Faucette
Many of these boards have yet to be fully developed, and I’m excited
to watch them grow. And I’m not surprised that the most frequently
duplicated image across the boards is this photo of friend of The Queer
and Now, Jiz Lee:
What are you looking at on Pinterest and Tumblr? Let us know in the comments below!
If you’re not familiar with the Crash Pad Series, it’s an awesome queer porn site by the wonderful Shine Louise Houston.
And if you’re not already following The Queer and Now on Twitter, you should!